Executive Director: Business Development, Quality & Human Resources
Graham is the Executive Director: Business Development, Quality & Human Resources at the Apprenticeship College. He holds specific responsibilities for:
- Employer engagement and sales
- Account management and client feedback
- Quality assurance and improvement
- ESFA, IFA and OFTSED compliance and contracting
Graham is also an avid tweeter, you can find him at @GrahamDavidHowe
Graham has worked in the Further Education sector since 1995, where he has become widely recognised as an expert on building successful business relationships between employers and training providers. Following the sale of his family’s training business, Graham joined West Nottinghamshire College (WNC) and progressed to Vice Principal and Managing Director of Vision Workforce (acquired by WNC from Pearson Plc’s, Pearson in Practice UK – an £87m training division).
Some of Graham’s achievements in further education are:-
- Growing the College’s Train to Gain contract from £1.8m to £13.1 over a 3 year period. This was one of the largest contracts nationally supporting employers to develop their workforce through NVQ programmes.
- Developing Vision Apprentices as one of the founding Apprenticeship Training Agencies, supporting over 1,500 young people into apprenticeships.
- Expanding the College’s Apprenticeship training programme to be at the national forefront, both in terms of learner numbers and successful learner outcomes. During his period as a Senior Manager the College had a Grade 1 and 2 from Ofsted, with Apprenticeships praised on both occasions.
- Under Graham’s management between 2006 & 2014 the College delivered workplace qualifications to over 100,000 people, from FTSE Top 100 companies to SMEs.
Graham has been closely involved in shaping Government policy on Apprenticeship provision and local employer development groups and it is Graham’s broad-based background that you can call on for extensive and knowledgeable advice.
Graham is currently leading an AoC/ETF project to support outstanding provision in Apprenticeships across Private Training Providers, Employers & Colleges.