Operations Development Manager
Scott works with the Apprenticeship College as a Skills Coach and Internal Quality Assurance officer. His responsibilities include:
- Skills Coaching and Mentoring individual apprentices, including:
- inducting new apprentices and developing their individual learning plan (ILP)
- convening course workshops, masterclasses and theatre based learning
- monitoring individual learning progress and performance coaching
- convening fortnightly webinars
- conducting quarterly learning reviews with apprentices
- facilitating peer group support seminars
- providing 1-2-1 additional learner support where necessary
- assessing, marking and grading assignment and project work
- preparing apprentices for tests and end point assessment (EPA)
- The Quality Assurance of Learning and Assessment including:
- standardisation of grading and marking
- verification of exams and tests
- compliance with Awarding Organisations rules and regulations
- curriculum development
- skills coaching programme development
Scott has worked in the Further Education sector since 2012, where he has carried a variety of roles as an IQA, Assessor and Tutor across various sectors including Management, Retail, Customer Service, Warehousing, Leisure, Business Administration, Functional Skills and Employability. Prior to this he worked in the Retail Sector as an Operations Manager for 20 years.
Some of Scott’s achievements in further education are:
- Being observed by OFSTED, awarding bodies and various sub-contracting colleges, following which he has received excellent feedback, frequently leading to the company securing provisions to deliver employability regionally.
- Developing and Managing Quality Assurance across the Centre leading to direct claim status across all provision.
- Designing and writing training materials for both Employability and Apprenticeships which have received approval from awarding body verifiers, reviewing and improving quality assurance documents on behalf the Apprenticeship College.
Scott has been closely involved in shaping training materials and developing workshops for the New Apprenticeship standards and is available to offer advice and support on assessment across all of the training provisions the Apprenticeship College offer.
He is also a qualified junior boxing Coach, where he volunteers to provide young children a safe place to learn the sport in a secure environment.