Pendragon PLC is a multi-national operator of franchised motor dealers in the United Kingdom, with international outlets in the United States. The company is based at Annesley, Nottingham and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its portfolio includes numerous leading dealerships, including Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover and Vauxhall.
LCoAT were asked by Pendragon (a leading business in the automotive retail sector) to support the delivery of Apprenticeship Training within their telesales & customer service teams after their current provider went out of business. Apprenticeship College picked up the training, supporting the staff that had received a poor service and identifying the outcomes Pendragon wanted from the programme. Apprenticeship College agreed a new programme, with training to deliver the skills required in the sales & customer service department. The new programme fully engaged all Apprentices and additional staff members joined, with the first achievements due very soon.
We always start by asking a client a simple question:
“What is it that you want your staff to be able to do at the end of the apprenticeship that they can’t do now?”
Once we had a clear impression of Pendragon’s key objectives we were able to structure a development programme that would enable them to meet their objectives through an apprenticeship scheme.
Here’s what we did next:
- provided a free ‘levy opportunities’ consultancy service
- researched Pendragon’s existing Learning & Development (L&D) programmes
- outcome matched L&D objectives to existing apprenticeship standards
- profiled start numbers required to fully recovery levied funds
- identified opportunities to increase staff participation numbers using co-funding
- developed bespoke curriculum content for each course
- resourced a programme of masterclasses, theatre-based learning workshops, and technical workshops.
Our apprenticeship programme at Pendragon is ongoing.
The Apprenticeship Programme
The Apprenticeship College have designed two apprenticeship programmes specifically for Pendragon. As with all of our apprenticeships, the course content is specifically written to meet Pendragon’s objectives, but it is strongly based on the following core Apprenticeship College apprenticeship programmes: